Minister of State for Information Technology and Telecommunication Shaza Fatima Tuesday revealed that the Law Department has vetted the ‘Smartphone for All’ policy and would be introduced soon.
The telecom industry had earlier presented a payment plan scheme called ‘Smartphone for All’, to equip more citizens with smartphones and drive up the number of connected citizens.
Talking to media persons, the minister said that the policy was presented by the telecom industry, however due to some lacuna and resistance from one telecom operator, it could not move forward.
She said that the Ministry is working on the policy and has been vetted from the Law department which is expected to come out very soon.
Under the scheme, that has been in the works for over a year now, individuals will be able to acquire smartphones through easy instalments.
About the Author
Written by the expert legal team at Javid Law Associates. Our team specializes in corporate law, tax compliance, and business registration services across Pakistan.
Verified Professional
25+ Years Experience